Just a warning: this is longer than normal.
Romans 2:6-7
God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
Galatians 6:7-10
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
In the past, I've always struggled with being consistent. I'd do really good for a while and then fall to a horrible state. The above scriptures tell me that it's not enough to do good for a while. My actions must be consistent. Now am I perfectly consistent, of course not. However, I am improving. How? Good question. I'm improving in consistency by choosing to pray and read daily. Yes, CONSISTENCY IS A CHOICE.
Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
No comments:
Post a Comment